Name a character in Sophie’s next book – plus 100 other prizes!
To celebrate the paperback launch of Sophie’s latest crime thriller Did You See Melody? on 23rd August, we’re running a competition with 100 winners and 4 super-winners!
100 lucky winners will receive a signed copy of Sophie’s first ever thriller, Little Face.
4 super-winners will, in addition, be offered a chance to name a character in Sophie’s next psychological thriller, Haven’t They Grown.
100 signed copies of Little Face to be won!
4 chances to name a character in Sophie’s next psychological thriller!
AS OF NOW — 7PM UK TIME ON 7TH AUGUST — THE COMPETITION IS CLOSED. WINNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN A WEEK.
HOW TO ENTER
All you need to do is pre-order the paperback of Did You See Melody? before its release on 23 August, then enter the competition by filling in the form below.
If you’re one of the 100 winners we’ll email you and ask you to send us an image of your proof of purchase receipt dated before 23 August 2018. So you don’t need to send it now – just keep it safe so you can show it if you win!
The competition is open for 2 weeks only from 24th July to 7th August.
Enter now using the form below!
Fill in the form to enter
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at https://sophiehannah.com/did-you-see-melody-paperback-pre-order-competition/ and who are 18 as of the date of entry and are resident in the United Kingdom. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Sophie Hannah, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Campaign. The Campaign is subject to the laws of the United Kingdom. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sophie Hannah as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Tuesday 24th July 2018 and ending Tuesday 7th August 2018 at 8pm London time. All online entries must be received by Tuesday 7th August 2018 8pm London time
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://sophiehannah.com/did-you-see-melody-paperback-pre-order-competition/. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah.
5. Prizes: The one hundred Winners of the Campaign, chosen at random, will receive a paperback copy of Little Face. Four of those winners (The Four Super-Winners) will also be offered the chance to suggest a name for the secretary in Sophie’s forthcoming pyschological thriller Haven’t They Grown. Of the four suggestions submitted, Sophie will select the one (The Final Winner) she likes the best to use in the novel . The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sophie Hannah. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sophie Hannah to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The 100 Winners will be selected by a random generator. The Four Super-Winners will be selected by a random generator. The Final Winner will be selected by suitability according to the judgement of Sophie Hannah. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winners. Sophie Hannah shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within [xx days] from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with the laws of the United Kingdom. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SOPHIE HANNAH‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content and by submitting your character suggestion, You understand and agree that Sophie Hannah, anyone acting on behalf of Sophie Hannah, and Sophie Hannah’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sophie Hannah from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sophie Hannah may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Sophie Hannah reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sophie Hannah’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Sophie Hannah may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sophie Hannah. Sophie Hannah reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sophie Hannah has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sophie Hannah reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sophie Hannah and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in England having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Sophie Hannah c/o 20 Powis Mews, London W11 1JN. Requests must be received no later than 28th February 2018.
13. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Sophie Hannah c/o 20 Powis Mews, London W11 1JN.
14. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by Sophie Hannah is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.