Treat yourself at Champneys!
To celebrate the launch of Did You See Melody? on 24th August, we’re offering you the chance to win a gift card worth £200 to spend at any Champneys venue in the UK.
The novel is set in a luxurious spa resort in Arizona, so what better way to celebrate its publication than with a voucher for a posh spa?
Pre-order your copy of Did You See Melody? before midnight on 23rd August to be in with a chance of winning:
- A gift card worth £200 to spend on products or treatments at any Champneys venue in the UK
We wish you the very best of luck!
Did You See Melody?
Pushed to breaking point, Cara Burrows abandons her home and family and escapes to a five-star spa resort she can’t afford. Late at night, exhausted and desperate, she lets herself into her hotel room and is shocked to find it already occupied – by a man and a teenage girl.
A simple mistake on the part of the hotel receptionist – but Cara’s fear intensifies when she works out that the girl she saw alive and well in the hotel room is someone she can’t possibly have seen: the most famous murder victim in the country, Melody Chapa, whose parents are serving life sentences for her murder.
Cara doesn’t know what to trust: everything she’s read and heard about the case, or the evidence of her own eyes. Did she really see Melody? And is she prepared to ask herself that question and answer it honestly if it means risking her own life?
(Clare Mackintosh – author of I See You and I Let You Go)
“An intriguing premise, a brilliant setting and a conclusion that will haunt you – Did You See Melody? is utterly addictive.”
How to Enter
To enter, pre-order the book in hardback or kindle format before midnight on 23rd August. You don’t need to send us proof unless you’re the lucky winner, in which case we will ask you to send us your receipt (by email or by post). The purchase date must be before 24th August.
Fill out the form below and you’re in with a chance!
The winner will be announced on Publication Day – 24th August – here, on Facebook and by email to the winner.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up at https://sophiehannah.com/spa-competition/ and who are 18 as of the date of entry and resident in the UK.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Sophie Hannah as final and binding as it relates to the content of this competition.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Saturday 12th August 9am London time and ending Tuesday 23th August at midnight London time. All online entries must be received by Tuesday 23rd August at midnight London time.
4. How to Enter: Purchase of Did You See Melody? in eBook or hardback formats is necessary in order to enter this pre-order draw. The winner will be require to provide proof of pre-order by supplying a receipt (by post or by email) showing purchase date before midnight on 23rd August 2017.
The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://sophiehannah.com/dysm-competition/. The entry must fulfil all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah.
Only one entry per person is allowed notwithstanding multiple or second or subsequent purchases of Did You See Melody? You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah.
5. Prizes: There will be one competition winner, chosen at random from all competition entrants, who will win a Champneys gift card of value £200. Travel to the venue chosen by the winner is not included in the prize. The winner will be responsible for making and paying for their own travel arrangements. The Prize is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the Prize or offer an alternative Prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferable. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Sophie Hannah. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sophie Hannah to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: A random draw supervised by Sophie Hannah will take place on 24th August 2017 to select the winner. The Prize winner will be notified by email, and will need to respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact by sending proof of pre-order during the time period of the competition (12th -23rd August 2017) to email@example.com.
Proof of purchase constitutes a photograph of purchase invoice, a screenshot of online invoice, or forwarding of an online invoice from your retailer. The winner must also supply their full postal address during this seven day time period so that Sophie Hannah can send the gift card to that address. The contact details you provide will not be shared with other companies. Sophie Hannah will only use your email address and other personal information in compliance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
If a selected winner does not meet all of the necessary conditions or refuses the Prize, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted and no feedback on any entry will be provided. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
Sophie Hannah shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to deliver proof of purchase due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. Sophie Hannah shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SOPHIE HANNAH‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sophie Hannah may terminate, amend or withdraw this draw and/or these terms and conditions at any time. Entry to the pre-order draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions, which are governed by English Law. By entering this pre-order draw you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this competition you understand and agree that Sophie Hannah, anyone acting on behalf of Sophie Hannah, and Sophie Hannah’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Competition, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this competition, you represent and warrant that your entry does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sophie Hannah. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sophie Hannah from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sophie Hannah may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Sophie Hannah reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sophie Hannah’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Competition. In such case, Sophie Hannah may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sophie Hannah. Sophie Hannah reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sophie Hannah has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Competition, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Competition rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sophie Hannah reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sophie Hannah and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Competition and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Competition IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED KINGDOM, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Competition, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in England having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Competition). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
15. Facebook: The Competition hosted by Sophie Hannah is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.